Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mt. Whitney!

After all of his training, Jim(accompanied by his friend, Carlos) finally completed the trek to Mt. Whitney!!! This is a beautiful "postcard worthy" (as Jesse said) image of Whitney, on the approach:) ***I will probably be adding more details later(with help from the hiker himself), but I just wanted to get this posted before too much time passes. The adventure took place at the end of June***
Jim can't ever seem to pass up snapping a self-portrait (to prove his whereabouts?!?) and I can't ever seem to pass on posting one:) They crack me up! (This is one of a handful!)
"On the Road to Find Out..." is what Jim titled this photo:) One of my favorite Cat Stevens' songs! Up and up and up...
One of the many(96+) switchbacks on the ascent! Carlos is at the mid/right...he sort of blends in. (If you click to enlarge, Carlos is in the front in the white shirt:)
Woo Hoo!!! They made it!!! Jim signing the log at the top!
Mount Whitney summit! 14,497 ft.!!! Congratulations Jim and Carlos!!! You did it!!!

2 comments:

Summer and family said...

Great job Dad! It looks really pretty too.

Annie said...

Wow, that is amazing! I am in awe!