Saturday, December 17, 2011

Thanksgiving!

The big kids at Avila Valley Barn

I am always amazed, and a bit dismayed, at just how fleeting time is! It's picking up speed with each passing year. So, before December is over I need to document (with a few posts) the great time our family had when we were all together at Thanksgiving :) 

We had a fun, whirlwind of a week! We visited Avila Barn (above), and then Avila Beach before ending up at the Splash Cafe for dinner...Boy that place was crowded!

We also made it to Refugio State Beach. It was a joy for me to see all of my munchkins running around playing together...

 Look at these silly cousins, playing in their very own beach fort:)
L to R:  Megan, 4; Jake, 3; Caleb, 2; Karaline, 6; Zeke, 4

Of course I can't forget the three new, little cuties~all born this year!
L to R: Max, July 4; Addy, April 15; Josh August 21

Sure wish I had taken a photo with all three of my kid's heads showing, but I guess I was too taken with the babies:) Oops!

All together at last! So much cuteness at one time...I was one happy grandma :)

Sunset at Refugio State Beach Nov. 26, 2011

Even this stunning sunset couldn't compete with the beauty of my grandchildren.

More of our week to follow...

10 comments:

trump said...

Greetings from an Amish community in Pennsylvania, I'm just checking out different blogs and thought id leave a comment. Happy holidays to everyone as well. Richard from Amish Stories

Summer and family said...

We had such a fun time! Can't wait to see you next month!

Haus of Style said...

Great photos, looks like everyone had a great time. happy holidays!

Nann said...

I just came from your other blog and I just knew you must be LDS and you are. Both of your blogs are just delightful. I just started my blog in Mid Nov of last year and am having the time of my life. We have 34 grandchildren and soon 35 will be arriving. Yes truly Families are Forever. And I think yours are darling. Its fun to meet another LDS Grandmother blogger.

Nancy (Nann)

Carol Call said...

Just a quick shout out on such a good blog. I, too, am LDS and always looking for cute things to make my grandkids (20) Thanks for the time you take to show us new things.

Mom E. said...

Looks like you get to have so much fun with your Grands! Have a wonderful weekend and congratulations on the baptism! We have two grandgirls and they live with their parents in Germany....but we get to skype with them frequently. They may even be there when their oldest is baptised. That won't be for a few years, but I think it would make a great Grandparents trip! our youngest daughter, 16, and I were there this summer when their youngest was born. My hubby, their Papa, surprised us all and flew to Germany to be there for the Baby Girl blessing. He and our SILaw had set it up and we all cried when he walked through the door! It was such a sweet time for us all!... Love your blog!
Heart hugs,
Betsy

The Cookie Couture said...

Hi Sue!!! it's me!! from Mil grageas!!! your pictures are so beautiful!!! and I can see your beautiful family, congratulations on your blog and your beautiful family!!!

Nancy Chan said...

Greetings. You are so blessed with so many grandchildren. Such fun to have them all together. So happy for you.

La Table De Nana said...

Your Littles are magic..what a lovely nana you are Sue.

the happy chef said...

I hope you and your family are doing well! I just happened upon your comment on my page (I know 9 years later I figured out how to respond)! I know this is a trying time, and these photos show what a wonderful nana you are!